One sort of Internet hosting service that enables anyone, including businesses and individuals, to host their Minecraft game on the Internet is a Minecraft game hosting service.
Some of the best Minecraft Server Hosting companies are Apex Hosting, Shockbyte, BisectHosting, and Hostinger.
Read on to discover the finest Minecraft hosting offers for you. To choose the very best Minecraft server hosting right now, we tested all the top providers for speed, DDoS protection, mod support, security, reliability, and uptime guarantee.
What are the Different Types of Minecraft Server Hosting?
You can choose any type of hosting server from the below-mentioned options, choose it wisely according to your needs:
Using shared hosting allows numerous users to share the same server resources. Usually, it’s the most affordable choice. In contrast to other hosting types, it could have poorer performance and less security because of resource sharing.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting
VPS hosting includes dividing a physical server into numerous virtual servers. With its resources, each virtual server runs autonomously. The performance and security of this option are superior to shared hosting and may be customized to meet your needs.
With dedicated hosting, your Minecraft server will have access to a whole physical server. Although it is the most expensive choice, it provides excellent performance and increased security. For individuals who place importance on these factors, this is a great option.
Similar to VPS hosting, cloud hosting makes use of several servers as opposed to just one. Scalability and dependability are improved by this. If you require the freedom to scale your server’s resources up or down as needed, cloud hosting is the best option.
Depending on your preferences, financial situation, and technological needs, you should choose the appropriate hosting type for your Minecraft server.
How Does Minecraft Hosting Comparison Help in Choosing the Right Type?
With the option to customize your game experience to your preferences, Minecraft Server Hosting enables you to build sophisticated multiplayer communities or a survival world with pals. You will get to know how Minecraft comparison helps in choosing the right type below the mentioned reasons:
- Users can hire dedicated server space through a Minecraft server hosting service to power their gaming activities.
- Users can self-host game servers, but for simpler server management, they can alternatively buy Minecraft hosting services from a web host.
- Additionally, you can employ a dedicated server hosting company for Minecraft, which can give you better performance, security, and the option to use modpacks for unique multiplayer experiences.
What Factors Should Be Considered When Choosing a Minecraft Server Hosting Provider?
Consider enhancing user experience if your company website receives steady traffic. If you concentrate on enhancing the consumer experience, you can do this.
Your website’s dependability and functionality can be guaranteed by renting a dedicated server. You don’t have to be concerned about website loading times or potential website crashes if you have a dedicated server. A small firm may find it difficult to decide on a dedicated server, though. When picking the ideal server hosting company, you must take into account the following elements.
- Your Performance Conditions
- Take Potential Downtime into Account When Choosing a Dedicated Server
- Robust security components
- Technological Progress
- Keep Scalability in Mind
- Your Budget, Technical Support, and Backup Services.
- Quality of the network
- Options in the Control Panel
How Does Minecraft Server Hosting Cost Affect Your Decision?
The cost of serving to host depends upon various factors, We will discuss the main factors that affect the decision of your cost for the server hosting:
The main factor of the price will first depend upon the company you choose. When you choose a hosting company, its reputation and the types of services it provides will affect the cost accordingly.
The size of the server is one of the key factors in deciding its price. The size depends on the number of players involved in the game, and RAM which is specifically added to the server, increases the size and directly affects the cost.
Add-ons and Mods
Addons like plugins and tweaks will help you enhance the quality of the game on your server. However, the server’s price may also be affected. While certain plugins and mods may incur additional charges, some may not, and some plugins and mods may incur additional costs.
The server location you choose could have a big impact on your server’s price. Servers located in pricey real estate or areas with high energy costs could be more expensive to maintain. Data centers in these regions might raise hosting prices for customers as a means to pass along their increased expenses.
Long-term contracts are frequently discounted by hosting providers, however, some may also offer more flexible payment plans like monthly billing. Although you have to pay more upfront, long-term contracts usually have cheaper total costs.
What Minecraft Server Hosting Features Should You Look For?
While choosing your Minecraft server you should be aware of the following features to have in your server, Let’s dive into the features and their importance.
- A simple setup
It just takes five minutes to complete the onboarding process for a modded Minecraft server or any other server version, so you can return to playing Minecraft right away. You only need to select the ideal Minecraft server plan and finish the registration process before you can begin your gaming server safely and with DDoS protection.
- Exclusive IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
Your Minecraft gaming server should be protected from DDoS assaults with the aid of a dedicated IP address. Full FTP access gives you immediate, hassle-free access to your server’s data in addition to DDoS protection.
- Automatic backups
With gaming servers, there should be no risk that you will lose your progress. If something happens, you may quickly set up your most recent backup from the control panel and restore it if necessary. The control panel allows you to continue building your environment without stopping.
- Different types of Minecraft servers
You can obtain limitless server variations from the hosting firm along with DDoS protection for users of different types of Minecraft. Users can easily switch between different web server types with the use of the Game Panel, from Spigot, to Forge, to Official. Additionally, free subdomains and MySQL database hosting should be available for Minecraft.
- Plugins and mod packs
You can customize the gameplay to your preferences with the use of plugins and automatic mod installers. Due to full file access, manual inclusion of mods and third-party plugins is also an option.
- High-speed CPUs and quick NVMe
With gigabytes of NVMe storage and cutting-edge AMD Processors, Minecraft VPSs use high-end hardware to ensure quick and lag-free servers.
Why are Minecraft Server Hosting Reviews Important?
Reviews of Minecraft server hosting services are crucial since they assist you in picking the finest provider for your gaming needs. The greatest suppliers will give you unmatched quality without interfering with your gaming experiences. Additionally, you receive much-needed security, improved performance, and other benefits, exactly like when utilizing a normal web hosting provider. Reviews can also help you grasp the advantages of running your own Minecraft server.
Who are the Best Minecraft Server Hosting Providers in 2023?
Check out the list of top-rated and even free Minecraft server hosts below.
1. The Minecraft hosting
The Minecraft Hosting service offers a strong and safe environment for hosting Minecraft servers. It might hold such a desired spot on our list since it incorporates the greatest DDoS defense into your Minecraft server.
Shockbyte also provides Minecraft hosting and TeamSpeak servers. It has been providing these services since 2013. Online support will always be available. Using its automatic method, your new server can be promptly enabled and set up.
A user-friendly control panel, multicraft management panel, and quick server setup are all features of SeekaHost’s Minecraft hosting services. Java and Bedrock editions are supported. You will receive NVMe and SSD storage.
MCProHosting is a framework for hosting Minecraft servers using commercial hardware and remote server locations. In addition, it helps plugins and mods. The files will be completely accessible to you.
PebbleHost provides Java 8 and 11 support with their inexpensive Minecraft hosting options. You will receive enterprise hardware, unmetered storage, and 24-7 Discord support. It provides options for customers that need unmatched performance, huge servers, Modpacks, public servers, and users with a limited budget.
6. Pro Minecraft Hosting
Since 2012, Minecraft Hosting Pro has offered hosting for Minecraft servers. The game server can be more easily managed thanks to its control panel. It offers a DDoS defense. All of the servers are powered by the most recent AMD Ryzen 39000X CPUs.
7. The Fluctis Host
With a package calculator, Fluctis Hosting provides Minecraft Server Hosting services. You can choose the plan that is best for you with the aid of our package calculator.
Minecraft server hosting services are offered by ScalaCube. It can offer extremely low latency and 24-hour support. It provides automated backup features as well as free sub-domains. You can run an infinite number of gaming servers from a single VPN server, each with an infinite number of slots.
Gaming servers from ChicagoServers are propelled by the dependable TCAdmin v2 control panel. With a recent update, this control panel has only been easier to use, more suited for mobile devices, and perfect for all the games ChicagoServers hosts, including Minecraft.
10. Apex Hosting
Customer service for Minecraft server hosting is provided by Apex Hosting. Since 2013, it has been offering services. Free server transfers, round-the-clock chat and ticket help, preconfigured minigames, and complete mod and plugin support are all provided.
How Do Minecraft Server Hosting Providers Differ in Terms of Plans and Pricing?
Hosting companies for Minecraft servers offer a range of plans and costs. They differ as follows:
- Different Tiers: They provide various plan tiers, such as Basic, Standard, or Pro, with greater resources as you move up the tiers.
- Player Slots: Prices frequently vary according to the number of concurrent players.
- RAM: Smoother gaming requires more RAM, but it costs more.
- Storage: More room is provided by larger plans for game files and mods.
- DDoS protection: Adding further defense against attacks may increase cost.
- Mod Support: Plans that enable the use of mods may be more expensive.
- Technology support: Better plans come with better support.
- Setup instantly: Some more expensive options offer instant setup and accessibility.
- Server Locations: The cost may vary according to the location of the servers.
- Payment terms: Longer payments may result in discounts.
What is the Importance of Minecraft Server Hosting Uptime and Security?
The uptime guarantee is an important issue to take into account. It helps in maintaining a proper interaction with the gaming interface, the uptime makes sure that the game is going on smoothly and the features of the game won’t get affected and face any downtime in the game.
For any game server, the main factor that affects the performance is its security, which is the major reason for many game lags and higher pings. It is very important to select a server that is more secure in terms of passwords and firewall protection to save from attacks and any security breaches in the game.
What are the Pros and Cons of Using a Free Minecraft Server Hosting Provider?
- You can use a free Minecraft server host and start playing your game
- It is easy to use and you don’t require any extra knowledge
- It can perform better for less number of players
- There might be a lag and interruptions in the game due to some restrictions from the server
- You may also get some security issues as the free server hosting companies won’t be able to provide you with that level of security features
- The level of assistance may vary because of the lack of team and experts as compared to the paid companies
- Paying companies may provide you with more personalization than free hosting server companies
How Can You Choose the Best Minecraft Server Hosting Plan for Your Needs?
The following are the main factors to think about while selecting the best Minecraft server hosting plan:
- Select a strategy based on the anticipated number of players.
- Resource Allocation: Ensure that there is sufficient RAM and CPU power for fluid gameplay.
- Select plans that allow for settings and mod modifications.
- Check the support for any desired mods to ensure compatibility.
- Search for automatic backups in backup services to safeguard your data.
- DDoS protection: Give top priority to plans with robust defenses against assaults.
- Low Lag: Choose close-by server locations to lessen lag.
- Choose a plan with 24-hour troubleshooting assistance.
- Upgraded Flexibility: Pick plans that make scaling simple.
- Reviews and Trials: Look at customer reviews and take into account free trials.
You may improve your gaming experience by choosing the best Minecraft server hosting plan by keeping these considerations in mind.
What Role Does Performance and Reliability Play in Selecting a Minecraft Hosting Plan?
When you’re picking a Minecraft hosting plan, how well the server performs and how reliable it is matters. Here’s why:
- No Glitches: There will be no glitches or lag as your server is good in performance.
- Happy Players: Everyone hates sudden crashes in-game, Here The reliability of the game will work and it will not irritate you.
- Fast Connections: The game will be very quick and snappy as the performance and reliability are higher, which results in no longer waiting time.
- Mods that Work: The reliable server will help your mod work perfectly.
- Safe Data: Don’t worry about your progress as reliable hosting keeps your game more secure and safe.
- Growing Together: Grow bigger with your friends, as the performance of your server is more supportive and will not let you down with a better gaming experience.
How Can You Ensure That Your Minecraft Server is Secure?
You can follow the mentioned precautions to make your Minecraft server more secure
- To keep your server secured, please update it regularly, check for updates, and stay connected with the server provider.
- Your security is based on the password you use, It is suggested to keep your password more unique and strong for server accounts, control panels, and databases,
- To increase the security of your server, enable the 2FA (two-factor authentication as it adds extra security to your password as it requires a PIN.
- Backup your server’s data and configuration regularly.
- Carefully assign roles and permissions. Access should only be granted to users as necessary to avoid unauthorized alterations.
What Measures Can Be Taken to Improve Minecraft Server Hosting Security?
Although it can be fun, running your own Minecraft server has hazards. Follow these procedures to improve your server and players’ security:
- Use a firewall to stop unauthorized traffic. Configure it to only permit certain programs or IP addresses, as well as the required ports (typically 25565 for Minecraft). Take into account programs like Comodo Firewall or UFW for Linux.
- Use a proxy server to create a barrier between your server and the internet. It conceals your IP address and blocks dangerous activity, such as DDoS assaults. Free alternatives include Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform, while premium services like TCPShield or FlameCord offer more features.
- Establish a whitelist to manage who connects to your server. Troublemakers can’t enter because of this. Set the server’s whitelist to active.whitelist=true and add the permitted usernames to the whitelist.json file in the properties file.
- Use modifications and plugins to increase server security. They could incorporate anti-cheating, anti-spam, anti-xray, and anti-grieving features. The following plugins are essential: WorldGuard, NoCheatPlus, LuckPerms, GriefPrevention, CoreProtect, and EssentialsX.
- For remote server control through SSH, use keys rather than passwords to ensure secure access. Unlike passwords, which are easy to crack, keys are encrypted files. Create your keys using programs like PuTTYgen or ssh-keygen, then upload them to your server via PuTTY or scp.
How Can You Get Help with Your Minecraft Server if You Have Problems?
To fix your Minecraft server you can perform various steps and troubleshoot ideas yourself, just try the following steps until your problem gets resolved.
- Restarting the network
A smart first step in network troubleshooting and temporary bug fixes is always to restart the network.
- Re-login to your Minecraft profile.
To update the profile’s authentication and connection, you can also sign out of your Minecraft account and then log back in. Check out the following approach if the first doesn’t work either.
- Delete your DNS and update your IP
An easy-to-use but efficient fix for numerous types of Internet disconnectivity is to flush DNS and renew IP. Therefore, try again to see if your problem is resolved if Minecraft can’t connect to the server.
- Updating your network driver
Your network driver may be faulty or out-of-date if Minecraft can’t connect to the server. Therefore, you should upgrade the network driver to see if that solves your issue. You can update the driver either manually or automatically.
- Shut down programs that consume a lot of bandwidth
Background processes may chew up your bandwidth and prevent Minecraft from connecting to the server. You can just turn them off and monitor how things develop.
- Disable Windows Firewall
The connection will fail if Windows Firewall has prevented Minecraft from accessing the Internet. You can temporarily turn off the firewall to determine whether that is the case.
What Kind of Support Can You Expect from Minecraft Server Hosting Companies?
Companies that host Minecraft servers often provide users with varying levels of support to help them manage their servers. Here is what you may often anticipate:
- 24-hour customer service
- Technical support
- Server Administration
- Resource Manuals
- Public forums
- Information Base
- Active Surveillance
- System of Tickets
- Reaction Time
- Customized Services
It’s crucial to take into account the level of assistance a Minecraft server hosting provider provides, their track record for responsiveness and helpfulness, and whether or not their support is compatible with your technical requirements and skill level.